Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 210 cabinets

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hector.murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently managed to save a pair of 210 cabinets and a (model number unknown) "W" cabinet from being burned for fun. The cabinets had 515 woofers in them ( which I have - of the 6 woofers I recovered, 5 are in excellent shape) but I have nowroom for these cabinets. Anyone care for them?
    Regards
    Hector

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hector.murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After posting some in the Lansing Heritage forums and receiving some good advice, it appears that my plans for the speakers from the cabinets involved would in short order ruin them. After consulting with my eldest son we decided that it would be better to let these speaker go to a better home where they would be used in a more appropriate manner then I had intended for them ( sub woofer work and bass guitar service) Hence, if anyone would like to purchase some 515B woofers ( I have 6, 5 of which are in excellent condition, one has been ripped at the surround, the entire circumference of the speaker) they are up for grab. I hope posting in this manner here is not in appropriate.
    Regards to all
    Hector

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1
    2

    Lansing Manufacturing Shearer Horn Model 75W5
    http://www.audioheritage.org./html/p...co/shearer.htm
    The W shaped horn is probably a Fletcher horn, rare old 1930's piece if it resembles these above.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hector.murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I looks more like a 211 cabinet, low, about 3 foot tall and at the opening about 7 feet long (I'd measure it , but I'm at work at the moment), made of plywood, took up the majority of the full size bed of my chevy truck, and weighs , well, ALOT.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hector.murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there were 2 of these, and I got the speaker out of it, but it was in the process of being disassembled to place on the fire.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The "W" horn could also be an RCA W horn, also from the 1950,s, designed by Harry Olsen.

    Hector if you could send me some pics at my email, I might take it off your hands!

    I am in Brooklyn NY!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member thevott's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hector.murray,
    I'm sure someone is willing to make a roadtrip for those 210 enclosures. I have been looking for a set myself but you may be a bit far away for me. I'm located in lower Michigan but I do have a nice 1-ton diesel van to get the job done. What is your town in NY so I can Mapquest the distance from Kalamazoo?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member hector.murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Norfolk NY. is the location. Just to warn you, only 1 210 would fit between the rear fenderwells of the 8' bed on my chevy truck. I could probably get both cabinets in the truck if I could lay something on the bed floor the height of the fender wells, and that "W" cabinet, well, that rode home in the back by its' lonesome too. Here, the cabinet dimensions are:
    210 - 32 1/2" Wide
    39 1/2" deep
    7' high
    211(?) Front 65"
    Rear 42"
    height 42"
    Depth 35"
    Hope this helps. You may want to bring a trailer.
    Scott - Coming from NYC, you would want to come here by going up 87 to Warrensburg, through Indian Lake and down 56. Before you come let me know and I'll get you specific directions.
    Returning though, depending on whether you were pulling a trailer, you would want to return via Plattsburg and down 87, as this would yield you the straightest run and fewest hills.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Plattsburgh? Are you up near the Canadian border? Clinton-Danamora?

    Thats a long ride! Thw "W" horn, is it like a wedge shape in the middle, where you cannot see the woofer?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member hector.murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Pics to follow soon. Getting the digital camera now. forums in this case it will be worth more than a thousand words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.